Sunday, April 15, 2012

Championships!

What a weekend! It was fantastic!

Thank you all so much for your supportive comments, and you were right, I had nothing to worry about. The playing went very well I played a lot more than I expected to be able to, and I was very happy with that. I had a terrible sleep on Thursday night, very anxious and worried about the whole thing, and when I went on stage (leading in the French Horns!! Thrill for me as 4th Horn!) , all my nerves had been worked through! I enjoyed the experience more than I ever thought possible; the only thought in my head was "this is something new and wonderful, so enjoy the moment" and I did!

But moreso, I got to know the people in the band a lot better, and we had so much fun! It was a great bonding weekend, and I think we'll be laughing and reminiscing for many a long time to come.
I brought a camera but never got a chance to take it out of the bag (good sign!), so these 2 photos are from my iPhone with the CameraAwesome app. The first is through the window of the B&B where I stayed (look at that blue sky! it was raining by the time I got back to Dublin), and the 2nd is Early Morning on the streets of Cork, as I walked back to the train station.

Oh, I almost forgot to say...we got 1st place in our section, and also our Tubas got best section cup too! So, a great weekend all round!

10 comments:

  1. I knew it would be fantastic! I'm so glad you had such a wonderful time! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! It sounds like a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun! And congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mimi, your on-stage adventure sounds rather thrilling. I'm glad it went well for you and you could really enjoy it. When is the next event?

    Cork...my husband's family came from somewhere around there to Canada during the potato famine...someday I'd love to visit and try and find out more about them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone, your support has meant a lot to me.
    Sara, if you ever do make it to Ireland (and I hope you do!), let me know, we can link up and I can give you good advice too! Cork is lovely, especially West Cork, some fantastic scenery and funny people! The accent is hard to decipher but very entertaining, has a real lilt to it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I knew you would be fantastic! You can almost 'hear' the excitement in your words. Congrats on the 1st place!
    You didn't need a camera - I love that last shot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad it all went well. I think a bit of pre performance nerves can be good. (But not pleasant at the time! )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done! I'm just catching up this morning...sorry not to get to that pat on the back before now. Your phone camera shots are great. I kind of like the perspective on the B&B. Cork is indeed a lovely city...any city is at its best in the early morning, I think. But then I'm a morning person :)

    And, yes, that was my son the chef - who has just emerged on the Pacific side of the Panama Canal in his chef-aboard-yacht adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How exciting! So glad it went well for you!
    I LOVE my camera phone too!! So neat that you can just whip it out and SNAP!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pleased to hear you all did so well and wow...... you are now leading in the French horn section! That is great news.

    I'm working towards another singing concert in July but I will be in a large choir so don't worry so much about that. Not as though I would be doing a solo!!!!!
    Last one we did raised £4,000 for a local Hospice, so that makes me feel good.

    I take my camera with me most places but can't for the life of me understand how to snap or retrieve on a camera!
    Maggie X

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete