Monday, February 3, 2014

Random Stuff and big news!

Well 2014 has got off to a whirlwind start! I can't believe January is already over.
New conductor in band, busy in school, trying to get organise a bathroom renovation (it's been 17 years!) and then the usual bits and pieces...work, kids, etc.
I've a few photos that I want to share, been meaning to put these up for quite a while. This first one is the driveway in to the place where we have our orchestra rehearsal. It does my heart good every time I drive in here!
 This is the road that leads up to that driveway,  I think it looks like a tunnel ahead! It often has potholes so one has to drive very carefully!
And I have some very exciting news! Eldest daughter applied in her college for an exchange programme for next October, and she has got a place in .....TOKYO!
I am going to miss her soooooo much, but I am excited for her. Such an opportunity!

This last photo is a pub in Dublin that I pass on my way home from work...never been in there but it looks lovely, a good combination- music and pub!
 Hope everyone is keeping well, I'm off to visit y'all now!

13 comments:

  1. Such GREAT news for your daughter...pass on congrats to her!! She must be elated...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful and exciting news - big things are in store for your daughter!

    Love the look of that pub. Good fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my Goodness...... Tokyo.
    My son went there for a holiday and ended up married and eventually they had two lovely daughters.
    It is all old hat now as they divorced and son married again but it does take me back.........
    The other side of the world and a completely different culture. I'm sure she'll enjoy it.
    Maggie x

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Tokyo! How exciting! Funnily enough I have just decided to go to Japan and I'm thinking about Tokyo a whole lot. I'm sure she'll have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful for your daughter! My niece has been living and working in Japan for a few years now - her dream job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. having trouble with my comment box. wanted to add that I have actually been in that pub!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow.. congrats to your daughter. That's got to be so exciting for her.. and a tad heart-tugging for you.. Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is exciting Mimi - I hope your daughter has a great time in Tokyo. It's also an opportunity for you to visit too, hopefully. My son spent a year in Japan as part of his uni course - it is a very interesting country (in fact I did a couple of blog posts about Japan a few years back if you are interested).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations to your daughter . . . . pity Tokyo is so far away though.

    Mimi I've just clicked on your ROAST sign and it doesn't get to the correct place which is a pity.

    If you change the link address to this it should work:

    http://eddybluelights.blogspot.co.uk/2010/07/sunday-roast_31.html

    Bye for now
    Eddie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW - what an amazing experience for your daughter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your roads remind me of my country roads. :)
    Congratulations to your daughter! She has a wonderful experience ahead of her.
    I really think you should check out that pub for us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know I'm late to comment (and I'm a little relieved to see I'm not the only one who hasn't been blogging much lately - sometimes life just takes over, doesn't it!?), but I'm so excited for your daughter that she gets to go to Tokyo. I've never been there, but I hope she has a super time!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete