Thursday, August 5, 2010

Birthday Boy

Sorry that I haven't been around to visit for the past few days- I was away at a birthday celebration, here:






My brother turned 50 at the weekend, and the family gift to him was a get-together, and a game of golf (his favourite) here:








While the golf was on, my sister and me walked and walked all around the estate, then had a coffee in the Manor drawing room. A lovely treat.


The four of us, 2 brothers,my sister and me, stayed in nearby Limerick.
What I love most about these get-togethers is that from the minute we meet, it's laughing, joking, good-natured teasing, fun. We know each other so well, for such a long time, that we are all completely relaxed in each others' company.


But the sad part comes when we have to say goodbye, and I hate that part. I always part with a horrible feeling that sometime it will be the last time that we'll all be together and the magic will be broken. And I hope so much that this is not that time. I hope that with all my heart.


On another note, for anyone who missed it, here's a link to my interview in the Sunday Roast over at Eddie Bluelights. Eddie has a very funny blog, and he does a superb job of the Sunday Roast, so if you have a minute, please, please pop over and leave a comment. I was really worried when Eddie told me that, inspired by my French Horn, he got "creative" with this roast, but in fact, I had such a laugh at it that my sides are still sore. LOL Eddie!!
I'll be round to comment again tomorrow, till then, hope you're all well and having a good summer.

11 comments:

  1. Hey Mimi, Happy Birthday to your brother! I hope you celebrate many more to come. What a lovely idea for a celebration. I think the estate and the grounds are beautiful. Did you get any photos inside?

    Your roast was one of the best ones so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday to your brother.;)
    I can relate to your sentiment about good byes. I just recently mentioned that I feel my life consist of endless good byes as i constantly part with the ones I love. My parents, my Irishman, my sister, my old close friends; they all live thousand of miles away from me. What I would not give to be able to live near them. Most people that do rarely ever give it a thought...
    Beautiful images, have a a lovely day.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun for you and your siblings to have time together to celebrate your brother's 50th birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful to have such a close relationship with all of your siblings and that you take time out to celebrate and vacation together.
    The spot where your brother played golf is absolutely breathtaking. What a fun time you must have had.

    Thank you for your kind comments on my blog post,

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so lucky to have such a close and loving family. Long may you have such enjoyable reunions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a wonderful time and such beautiful scenery! I live near my family and we all get together, at least once a week. Thanks so much for visiting my blog and for your nice comment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are lucky to have more than one sibling! I just have the one brother! I would have loved to have a sister too.
    You live in a wonderful country. I went to County Killarney a few years ago and had a wonderful holiday there.
    I have just come back from Devonshire and that is why I missed your Roast till now!
    Twas a great read!
    Maggie X

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great to have family get togethers, Mimi. My wife and I had one recently when her niece got married. A good time was had by all! . . . as you will imagine and Eddie kept them all entertained after a few drinks.

    Thank you for your nice words about my blog and your efforts to entice your readers into my lair. Brave things LOL!

    My sister, Maggie, has just returned from a short holiday and has just read your roast.
    Do you know where I can get tuba? No with neighbours like ours it had better be a piccolo!

    Best wishes ~ Eddie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those pics are Ireland for sure! Love them!
    Happy Belated Birthday to your brother. We do have to cherish the times we are together - sounds like you do.
    Congrats on being roasted! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy belated BD to your brother! It is always fun when family can get together :)

    ReplyDelete