Just a quick few thoughts and news.
I'm feeling much better now, and went back to yoga tonight, which was really lovely.
We're on mid-term now, which means no school for a whole week! I do have some admin work to do, but that won't be too taxing. Must get back to knitting too.
A huge controversy has broken here over the use of horsemeat in some burgers and frozen lasagne. Apart from the obvious issues such as that suppliers and the public were conned, and the fact that we still don't know if there was any of the banned veterinary drug “bute” in the horsemeat, I fail to see what the big deal is. I would love to know where they got the horses from and the logistics of how they disguised the meat, but I do not agree with using the word "contaminated". People must have eaten these products and not noticed any difference; I'm with AA Gill, who thinks that rather than concentrating on the 70% horsemeat, we should try to find out what the remaining 30% was.
ugh, the 30% doesn't bear thinking about! I know in chicken products it can include toenails, skin, feathers etc.and still be called "chicken" (which, technically, it is).Ugh, ugh and ugh!
For me, I like to know where my meat came from, have it unprocessed and naturally reared, and I don't mind eating less meat and paying a bit more to achieve this. Good farmers work very hard and they deserve to be properly paid. I think our drive for constantly cheaper food (much of which is wasted), processed by multinationals, far removed from its source, is causing these problems.
Let's get back to basics.
What do you think?