Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Ruby Tuesday

I was wondering what to post, if anything, for Ruby Tuesday, then inspiration arrived from Stephanie in Canada! She has posted a lovely tea cosy that she knitted...
I bought this tea cosy on Etsy just before Christmas, but when it arrived decided it's way too nice to use only occasionally as a tea cosy. So it has become a hat, it's really warm, which is exactly what's needed at the moment. On my head, not on the teapot!


So I'll knit a tea cosy instead, it will also get rid of some of the yarn I have stashed in the attic. I'll try to incorporate red, and then I can post it for another RTwhen it's finished (probably next January!).
Mary T hosts Ruby Tuesday, click on the pic at the top to go visit her and get more inspiration like I did!!

14 comments:

  1. What a lovely tea cosy! I love the tones and textures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mimi, what a lovely Tea cosy. I wouldn´t mind one myself. Me and my man loves Tea. He is born in your lovely town. But now he is here with me in Sweden. Hope to go there again this summer.
    All the best. /Ulla
    http://ladyinblue.bloggplatsen.se/2010/01/05/2369444-ruby-tema-hos-work-of-the-poet/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet it makes a really cute hat, how clever of you to think of that!
    Sunny :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love tea cozies and the name is just so, well, cozy sounding!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a lovely cosy. Is it felted? I like the veins through the color. Creative you to see a need for a hat...and know just where to find one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great use for your tea cozy!
    You knit?! Wow, you never cease to amaze me with your talents!
    Very fun Ruby Tuesday. I kind of dropped off the RT planet. I will have to keep my eye open for red this week.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a cute tea cozy, and now a cozy hat! =)

    Very nice blog you have. I'll be back to visit more.

    Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting on my RT post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like it! Somedays we need that inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE it! A hat for the teapot or a hat for your head - either way it is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. HI Mimi!
    This is just the cutest!

    Sending you best wishes for the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely pink tea cosey - perfect for Ruby Tuesday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi everyone, thanks for all your comments.
    I wore the teacosyhat out today and was very glad of it against a biting wind and SNOW! It performs very well on the weatherproof front too.

    ReplyDelete