Monday, September 14, 2009

Mellow Yellow Monday



This is a close-up of the stained glass in our front door.


A few years ago, we had to get a new door, and rather than get a custom-made, expensive one, I searched until I found one at a reasonable price, thinking that we'd spend the difference on getting nice stained glass.

And what a good investment that was. In the evening time, the sun shines in through it, and I've lost count of the number of times I just look and think "it's beautiful, a work of art". The man who made it is a craftsman, who does it painstakingly, litttle piece by little piece.


He also collects old glass, and very generously added this circular centrepiece. It came from a church. It's 150 years old. I hope I look this good after half that time!


For more Mellow Yellow Monday pics, click on the link below. Drowsy Monkey hosts MYM.

5 comments:

  1. How pretty! I love stained glass, especially when its incorporated into a door.
    Sunny :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Mimi! I'm imagining the rainbow that might come that round center with the sunshine pouring through. I love stained glass...especially the old-fashioned kind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a good idea to put stain glas in! MB

    ReplyDelete
  4. I missed this yesterday.
    Love the shot!
    It reminds me somewhat of a Monet painting with the dappled shadows.

    ReplyDelete